
A police report has revealed no bullet holes were found on Feroz Khan’s vehicle after Sunday night’s shooting, while a mysterious handwritten note naming senior SAPS officers was recovered at the scene in Houghton. Image: Gallo Images
New details have emerged from the scene of the Feroz Khan shooting. These details raise fresh questions about what actually happened. The Feroz Khan no bullet holes discovery appeared in a police report obtained by media on Monday 29 June 2026. Furthermore, investigators found no bullet holes on Khan’s vehicle despite his gunshot wounds. As a result, the case has taken an unexpected turn just days before his scheduled Madlanga Commission testimony.
Feroz Khan No Bullet Holes: What the Police Report Says
Crime journalist Yusuf Abramjee shared a police report on the shooting widely on social media. The report revealed striking inconsistencies at the scene. “Upon arrival, Major General Khan was already in theatre undergoing medical treatment,” it stated. Officers found Khan’s grey Suzuki Baleno parked on the side of the road. Crucially, the car had no bullet holes. However, officers found a projectile impact on the road surface and two spent cartridges.
Officers also found a handwritten yellow note at the scene. The note said a case of defeating or contempt of court should be opened against Colonel Khorombi and General Khumalo and investigated by IDAC. Furthermore, officers thoroughly searched the vehicle and found an HP laptop in the spare wheel compartment. As a result, the scene raised as many questions as answers for investigators piecing together what happened on Sunday night.
Conflicting Accounts of His Injuries
Reports on Khan’s injuries have varied since the shooting first broke. Newzroom Afrika said he was shot twice in the abdomen. Business Day confirmed he was shot twice in the stomach and was stable. The Citizen reported gunshot wounds to his lower body. Furthermore, other outlets described multiple gunshot wounds to his lower body and abdomen. As a result, reports have not consistently confirmed the exact nature of his wounds, though all accounts agree he needed emergency surgery and remains in a serious condition.
His Lawyer Speaks Out
Khan’s legal representative, Advocate Zubair Khan, gave a striking account of what his client intended to do at the commission. He said Khan had been preparing to expose alleged misconduct within SAPS when he was shot. “General Khan is a highly decorated and long-standing senior member of the South African Police Service. He intended this Wednesday at the Madlanga Commission to fully lay bare the involvement of senior members of SAPS in certain offences and criminal activity,” Advocate Khan said.
Khan had recently filed an affidavit warning the commission that “blood will spill on the roads,” a statement that has now proven prophetic. Furthermore, Advocate Khan said someone delivered applications to the commission as recently as Sunday, asking for Khan’s evidence to be heard in camera because it implicates police members. He also said Khan had been travelling in unmarked vehicles in recent months to protect himself. He alleged the shooting forms part of a wider agenda to discredit his client.
Why the Commission Wanted Khan
The Madlanga Commission planned to question Khan extensively from 1 July 2026. His appearance was expected to span several days. Investigators wanted to ask him about his alleged ties to EFF leader Julius Malema and tobacco executive Mohamed Sayed. Furthermore, they planned to question his alleged links to political fixer Oupa Brown Mogotsi, alleged cartel figure Vusimuzi Cat Matlala and Matipandile Sotheni, identified as the alleged killer of Marius Witness D van der Merwe.
Khan rose rapidly through SAPS after joining as a constable in 1991. He became a major general in 2017 and led major units including the Undercover Agent Programme and Counter and Security Intelligence. His arrest on 10 May 2026 led to his suspension as deputy head of Crime Intelligence. That arrest linked to a revived 2021 airport incident involving illicit gold. Furthermore, the Political Killings Task Team seized three phones and an iPad from Khan during that arrest. That seizure sparked the legal battle over device access that he only recently abandoned. As a result, his case has driven some of the commission’s most explosive revelations in recent weeks.
Police Urge Caution on Motive
Police spokesperson Brigadier Athlenda Mathe confirmed the Gauteng Hawks, Gauteng Crime Intelligence and the SAPS Detective Service are leading the investigation. The Political Killings Task Team is also involved. She urged the public not to draw conclusions. “While SAPS is aware of public speculation regarding the timing of the attack, it is premature and irresponsible to speculate on any possible motive or to conclude that the incident is linked to his anticipated appearance before the Commission. Detectives will follow evidence wherever it leads,” Mathe said.
Madlanga Commission spokesperson Jeremy Michaels confirmed the commission is in contact with Khan’s legal team to plan next steps given his condition. Furthermore, Acting National Commissioner Lieutenant General Puleng Dimpane condemned the attack. She pledged that no resource would be spared in tracing those responsible.
What Happens Next
Khan remains hospitalised. His legal team says he will need further surgery. His scheduled testimony on 1 July 2026 is now in doubt given his condition. Furthermore, the missing bullet holes alongside the mysterious yellow note have opened new lines of inquiry. Investigators must now pursue those leads alongside the original ambush theory. As a result, the Feroz Khan case has grown far more complex than initial reports suggested.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Crime Stop on 08600 10111 or submit information anonymously through the MySAPS App.
For more on the Madlanga Commission visit thepresidency.gov.za.
Editors Note This article updates earlier reporting on the shooting of Feroz Khan with new details from a police report shared on 29 June 2026. No motive has been officially confirmed by SAPS. Feroz Khan is presumed innocent of all charges before the Madlanga Commission and in the courts. Mzansi Today Live will update this article as further information becomes available.
