NCC leader Fadiel Adams made a brief appearance before the Madlanga Commission of Inquiry on Tuesday 11 August 2026 before Justice Mbuyiseli Madlanga postponed his testimony to 19 August after Adams submitted his affidavit the night before. Image:Darren Stewart/Gallo Images

NCC leader and MP Fadiel Adams appeared before the Madlanga Commission on Tuesday 11 August 2026 but did not testify. The Fadiel Adams Madlanga Commission appearance ended in a public reprimand from Justice Mbuyiseli Madlanga. Furthermore, Adams only submitted his sworn affidavit at 9pm on Monday night. As a result, the matter moved to 19 August 2026 and Adams left without giving evidence.

Commission spokesperson Jeremy Michaels flagged the problem early Tuesday morning. “The commission’s evidence leaders only received a sworn affidavit and related annexures from Mr Adams after 21:00 on Monday night,” Michaels said. The commission sent Adams his Rule 3 notice in October 2025. That gave him 10 months to prepare. Furthermore, Justice Madlanga questioned publicly whether Adams was taking the commission seriously. As a result, the postponement drew sharp public reaction.

Adams told the commission his lawyer had laptop problems. Justice Madlanga was not impressed. He reprimanded Adams and said the excuse did not justify the delay. Adams had been vocal on social media about wanting to clear his name before the commission. Furthermore, South Africans noticed the irony of him arriving with a last-minute affidavit after spending months demanding this very platform. As a result, Tuesday became an embarrassing day for Adams rather than a vindication.

Adams faces serious questions on 19 August.He submitted a Section 27 referral to IDAC in November 2024 and IDAC arrested seven Crime Intelligence officials as a result. Evidence suggests IDAC investigator Dylan Perumal allegedly asked Adams to submit that referral. Furthermore, someone allegedly slipped classified intelligence documents under the door of his parliamentary office before he filed the referral. The commission also wants to ask Adams about his contact with convicted hitman Sibusiso Ncengwa. Ncengwa serves 25 years for the murder of former ANC Youth League secretary-general Sindiso Magaqa. Adams allegedly sought a statement from him without authority. As a result, the questions waiting on 19 August are serious and far-reaching.

Adams faces charges of fraud and defeating the ends of justice. Parliament docked his pay and suspended him for 20 days after he shared a colleague’s contact details. Furthermore, the commission took all IDAC matters linked to his complaints off former IDAC head Andrea Johnson’s desk while she testified. Johnson confirmed she asked to be relieved of those duties. As a result, Adams sits at the centre of one of the most complex threads in the entire Madlanga Commission inquiry.

For more on the Madlanga Commission visit thepresidency.gov.za.

Editors Note Fadiel Adams is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. No court has tested or proven any of the allegations. The commission postponed Adams’ testimony to 19 August 2026. Mzansi Today Live will update this article as further information becomes available.

By Editorial Team

We are a group of student journalists and content creators covering South African politics, crime, entertainment, sports and lifestyle through independent news reporting and video commentary.